Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Garage Saleing Adventure

We decided to go garage saleing today. We bought an axe, a pick ax, and an electric sander for $10.00.  That was a pretty nice find.

I also bought two hand can openers and a corkscrew for $1.00.

Hubby bought a set of Harry Potter books... ok, so not really a self-sustaining survivalist tool, but nonetheless, at least it's something to read to the kids for entertainment in an SHTF situation like a hurricane>loss of power.

We found a pedal powered front end loader and a wagon at a garage sale, so I picked them thinking they be useful for getting the kids to help with the yard work.

The best finds we got though, were from a house clean out.  They just put everything out by the curb, for the taking.  I got a bunch of bamboo, a fishing rod, two whole new sets of dishes, a stroller (wheels will be useful long after baby outgrows) and I can't even remember what else.

I also got about 50 little spice jars with two racks that mount on the walls, for $3.00 AND.. my husband bought 3 swords for $10.00. Might have to see what those are worth on ebay.

All in all, a pretty productive day I think. Still no supplies for my hen house though, and no chicks, and I still need a few more things to finish making the trellises for the viny plants.

I think the most important thing I have to remember is that I can't expect everything to happen at once, as much as I would like it to.

P.S. I was invited to join a newer site for the 'level headed' folks of the survivalist lifestyle.  It's got a really nice design to it, and seems like a good smaller community of people.  Vistit www.bugoutsite.com to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment